Mrs. Samiya Mubeen
MBA (Finance), (Ph.D)
Assistant Professor, Experience: 10 years
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities:
- Handled subjects on Finance for MBA students.
- As a part of administrative work discharged duties towards documenting NAAC
- Worked as an assistant in the editorial board of journal which has been approved under UGC.
- Worked as a coordinator for Student Development Cell.
- Guided students on dissertation and social projects as prescribed by Bangalore University
- Worked as a coordinator in charge for hospitality committee at the time of viva voce.
Academic Projects and Field Research
- A Study on Equity Mutual Funds
- Project objective: “Comparative studies of large cap and mid cap Equity mutual funds” as part of MBA coursework
- Study is undertaken at WAY2WEALTH Securities Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
- A study on Entrepreneur’s Opinions on Infrastructure Problems of Small Scale Industries Specific Reference to Shimoga
- Project objective: Study on problems of Infrastructure faced by Small Scale Industries with reference to Shimoga City.
- Field research study conducted as part of MBA coursework
- An Organization Study and Overall Understanding of Functioning of the Industry
- Fieldwork and organizational study conducted as part of MBA coursework at “Pearlite Liners Pvt Ltd”, Shimoga
- An organizational study of the industry was conducted by visiting various departments with the help of McKinney’s 7’s model.
Courses Handled: FINANCE
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA:
- Discharged duties and responsibilities gave in the form of documentation under various criterions
- Trends in Mergers and Acquisition, SAMSMRITI The SAMS Journal Volume 9, Issue 2
- WHY M&A FAIL? , RVIM Journal of Management Research
- M&A in the Indian banking sector –A study on SBI &ICICI bank, International Journal Of Exclusive Management Research
- Reasons for Flaws& Failure in M&A: An Empirical Study PJMTR, Presidency Journal of Management Thought & Research.
- Aviation M&A Financial performance analysis: A study of selected companies.International Journal of Business Administration Research Review
PAPER PRESENTATION - INTERNATIONAL, NATIONAL AND STATEWIDE SEMINARS:
- National conference on Acquaintance of Financial Institutions Towards Investor And Insight on Mutual Funds Acharya Institution of Graduate Studies Bangalore Acharya Institution of Graduate Studies Bangalore,
- International conference on The Distinctiveness of Financing Debt and Equity Investments through Risk Management in Financial Markets PSG Institute of Mgt. , Coimbatore, IndiaPSG Institute of Mgt. , Coimbatore, India
- National conference The Edification of Essence Education in the Dynamic Global Scenario Acharya B- School, Bangalore Acharya B- School
- National Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business and Management - Challenges and Opportunities Seshadripuram Academy of Business Studies Seshadripuram Academy of Business Studies
- National conference on Amplifying the Concerns of Microfinance in India Sambhram School of Management Sambhram School of Management
- International conference on An Innovation in the Aura of Indian Banking Sector, IFIM Business School IFIM Business School
- National conference on Cognizance towards Investors in the Innovation Growth of Indian Capital Market Global Institute of Management Sciences Global Institute of Management Sciences
- International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence Satish Dhawan Auditorium Indian Institute of Science
- international conference on Innovative Practices and Trends in Management Education Globally Canara Bank School of Management Studies Bangalore University
- National conference on Attitude of the youth towards corporate social responsibility Karnataka Sahithya Academy Govt. First-grade college, Rajajinagar, Bangalore
- National conference on A study on M&A investment efficiency and firm value of select listed shares KGI, Hennur Bagalur Road, Bangalore. Koshys Institution of Management Studies
- National conference on M&A in the Indian banking sector –A study on SBI &ICICI bank K.S. School of Engineering and Management, Bangalore Archers & Elevators and K.S. School of Engineering and management
- International conference on Aviation M&A Financial Performance Analysis: A study of Selected Companies East Point College of Higher Education, East Point College of Higher Education
Faculty Development Programs:
- Best Practices in Management Education, All India Management Association All India Management Association
- Investment Analysis and Management, R. V. Institute of Management V. Institute of Management
- Vivekananda Vision in Modern Education Community Institute of Management Studies Community Institute of Management Studies
- Learning and Relearning Management Pedagogy The Oxford College of Business Management The Oxford College of Business Management
- Corporate Valuation and Restructuring R. V Institute of Management V Institute of Management
- Research Methodology M.S.Ramaiah Institution of Technology S.Ramaiah Institution of Technology
- Research Guidance Skills for MBA Projects CBSMS, Bangalore Central College Campus, Bangalore University, Bangalore
- IFRS &Indas-carved outs Devanga Sangha Group of Institutions Devanga Sangha First Grade College Bangalore
- Facilitating Entrepreneurship Centre for Management Studies at Presidency College
- HR for Business Excellence Center for Leadership and Human Excellence RV Institute of Management
Conference Proceeding Book
- Acquaintance of Financial Institutions towards Investors and Insight on Mutual funds FINSER 2012 Acharya Institute Of Graduate Studies, Bangalore
- Amplifying the Concerns of Microfinance in India Sambhram Group Of Institutions, Bangalore.
- Microfinance –Growth, trends and Emerging New Issues in India. Vanijya Sammelana
Work Shop Programs:
- Best Practices in Management Education AIMA ( All India Management Association) Bengaluru Centre Royal Orchid Hotel
- Research Methodology in Management, Canara Bank School of Management Studies, Bangalore University and Kirloskar Institution of Advanced Management Studies Canara Bank School of Management Studies, Bangalore University
- Case Writing in Responsible Management Education Canara Bank School of Management Studies, Bangalore University and PRME Institution Jnanajyothi Auditorium, Bangalore University
- Executing Research and Statics using R Programme RV Institution of Management RV Institution of Management, Bangalore.
Research Area: Finance
Achievements: Published textbooks for Bangalore University Students
Book Publication (2012-2017)
- Human Resource Management, Kalyani Publishers
- Financial Market and Services, Kalyani Publishers
- Corporate Environment, Kalyani Publishers