RAGGING IS A COGNIZABLE OFFENSE AND IIBS WILL TAKE STRICT ACTION AGAINST OFFENDERS
DEFINITION OF RAGGING
“Any conduct by any student or students, whether by word spoken or written or by an act, which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student. Exploiting the students from completing academic tasks and financial extortion. Any act of physical abuse, including all its variants – sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, and stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health of a person. Any act that prevents disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of other students”.
Pursuant to the directives of the Honourable Supreme Court of India and in accordance with the UGC and AICTE Regulations, on curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, the College has constituted the Anti-Ragging Committee and Anti-Ragging Squads for overseeing the strict and meticulous implementation of all the directives.
- The members of the anti-ragging committee and anti-ragging squads along with their mobile numbers are being displayed for the benefit of the students especially the newly admitted students.
- The College educates the students enrolled in various programs at the beginning of each academic year about the Anti-Ragging Policy and zero tolerance for ragging at the University.
- Each student, as well as his/her parents/ guardian, are mandatorily required to submit separate undertakings in the form of an affidavit at the time of admission to the effect that they are aware of the prohibition of ragging and the punishment prescribed both under penal laws as well as under these regulations.
- Anti-ragging banners are displayed at prominent places in the IIBS campus, including hostels, cafeteria, and labs etc.
- All the Students should keep their Id Cards always with them.
- Surprise checks of hostels/ cafeteria/bus stop will be carried out regularly.
- A close and regular liaison is maintained with the local police to guard against the incident of ragging. FIR will be lodged in a police station on all reported ragging cases.
- In case any student encounters ragging by any of the senior students, he/she is immediately required to contact the members of the anti-ragging committee, who will take an immediate corrective action and necessary proceedings will be initiated against the culprits engaged in ragging activities.
- Anti Ragging Squads will keep vigilance in Boys Hostels, Girls Hostels and other vulnerable areas of the College. Anti Ragging Squads, constituted for Hostels will also raid the Hostel in the night. On finding any case of ragging, the squad will report the matter to the Anti Ragging Committee.
- Anti Ragging Committee will periodically review the situation and the information supplied by the Anti Ragging Squads and recommend actions as per UGC regulations. Minutes of the meetings of the Anti Ragging Committee will be placed before the Monitoring Cell.
- UGC Toll-free Anti –Ragging Helpline Number 1800-180-5522 and E-mail – [email protected], and the Telephone numbers of College Anti–Ragging Committee, Anti–Ragging Squads, Monitoring Cell, Nodal Officers, and Counselors will be displayed on the Institute Website.
The composition for Anti Ragging Committee and Anti Ragging Squad are as follows:
Anti Ragging Committee
|1||Prof.Ramakrishnan ;||Team Lead||9742577095|
|5||Prof.Manjunath||B Suresh - Member||8553941177|
|8||Nayeema TAj||Student Member||NA|
Anti – Ragging Squad
|2||Prof. Munianjanappa K||9845120995|
|3||Prof. Manjunath B Suresh||8553941177|
|4||Prof. Manjula BC||9972239641|
|5||Prof. Babi Hazira||8892187260|
PUNISHMENT FOR RAGGING
- Lodging FIR against the offender.
- Rigorous Imprisonment for up to 3 years (under the court of law).
- Fine up to Rs. 2, 50,000.
- Expulsion from the College and consequent debarring from admission to any other